6.26.2012

176: Avalanche Fastpitch Camp

practicing some base running. . . as viewed from behind the chainlink fence
Azia and Maysa are going down to Missoula for a softball camp this week. They are really enjoying it, and I've really been impressed with the coaches (who for these youngest girls are players for the older Avalanche teams). It's almost like four separate camps because they divided all the players up into age groups, so Azia & Maysa have been with the same 8-9-year-olds both days. Seeing them play has made me miss softball! It seems like such a long time ago that Azia's season ended. I forgot Maysa hasn't even played fastpitch yet, but she has already learned so much over just the last two days. It's always fun to watch Azia in things like this. She's so confident and outgoing. When I came back to pick them up yesterday after Zoran was done, all the girls already knew her name and were wanting her on their team for the different games they were playing and she was chatting in between drills with everyone like she'd known everyone forever. I have no idea where that comes from (definitely not me) but I love that she's so comfortable in new situations and meeting new people.

No comments:

Post a Comment