2.16.2012

47: map reading


Israel brought home a big Montana map, because they're beginning to plan the Tour of Montana trip that the 8th grade class does in the spring. Everyone else was having fun checking it out.

Dev was impressed because Lex found the mountains right away and then followed them to show him exactly where we live.

He wanted to know if I'd showed him how to read a map before or where to find our home on the Montana one. I don't think it matters either way if I have or haven't. Regardless, that seems pretty good for a four-year-old, especially since (for the most part) I stopped using big, paper maps a few years before he was even born. I'm pretty sure within a year or so he'll be able to download an app and navigate and identify local places that way.

Or maybe he already has.

No comments:

Post a Comment