1.30.2012

30: carmel


I have this bizarre way of shoe shopping (if I'm going to buy a pair that cost more than $20, meaning they are more than realistically I should spend) where I order like five similar pair and wear each around my house for 15 minutes at a time for a few weeks. Then I send all but the one pair I decide on back. (Yay for Zappos and their 365 day/ free return shipping policies.)

Even though I'm not a huge fan of the mary jane style, I had almost decided on these Danskos. I was sitting on my bed working on my laptop wearing sweats and these shoes, thinking I'd finally made a decision.

Then Azia came in, looked at my shoes and gave me a sort of skeptical, eyebrows and side-of-the-mouth raised look, "You aren't keeping those are you?"

I told her I liked them and I thought I would.

"I don't think you should."

I made the mistake of asking why not.

"Uh, Mom, seriously?"

And then she stared giggling.

"Well, what if you accidentally wander into a giant pool of caramel? How will you ever find your shoes?"

And she walked out of the room. Still giggling.

I plan to remind her of my poor fashion sense in a few years when she tries to steal my shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment