2.10.2013

41: project day for Azia


I love Azia's independence. She asked me how to you would sew together something that was a round shape. I told her the sorts of shape I'd used before to make soft fabric balls for toddlers to play with, but told her if I wanted to make one I'd probably look at some patterns to figure it out. Then she got to work. She looked up some different patterns online and then sketched out her own. Then she picked out some of her zebra fabric and sewed together a hackey sac. The first version was filled with beans and also had a appliqued face. She then continued to tweak things until she got what she wanted. She adjusted her pattern and made a few more versions of different sizes, out of different felts, and filled them with other beans and rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment