1.10.2012

10: another fiire break


I don't like that people need ambulances and fire engines, but when I've been sitting at a computer working for a few hours, I do like the change of pace that working with those crews brings.

This morning after a few hours of reading I spent a few hours with a eight month old baby– sick enough to need a visit to the doctor, but not sick enough to be real miserable and still happy enough to babble and "talk" with me throughout our drive to the hospital.

Later this afternoon someone's shed went up in flames, but the fire crew got the burn out so quickly the property owners didn't lose any of the other buildings right up against that burning shed.

Sometimes when you spend hours each day working with ideas, it's nice to get back to the practical world for a bit too, and remember there are a lot of situations where the work you do matters immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment