3.20.2013

79: Movie Date


Lex was really excited a couple months ago when he saw the previews for the Oz movie. He's been wanting to go ever since. A couple weeks ago Azia went with my mom and Gwen's girls and of course he was a bit disappointed he didn't get to go. He's been hanging out with me a lot the last few days and I had mentioned something about trying to go when Azia went. Every day he keeps asking "Today could we go?" Today I needed to pick up some things in Missoula and the weather was supposed to be so bad we cancelled softball, so I decided today we should just go.

Movies in the middle of the day with only one child are much less chaotic and inexpensive than the once-a-year family movie viewing we usually do. I thought Lex and I were going to have the entire theater to ourselves but then a pair of seniors also showed up. (They were double thrifty–getting the matinee and the senior discount. I'm resolving right now to go to more movies by the time I qualify for the senior discount. Though it would be nice to have the time or money to do that a little more in the next 30 years as well.)

Also, I must find a way to go grocery shopping in the middle of the day. It makes my most awful chore ever at least 25% more bearable when there are no other people in the  store. Although I still have to figure out how you actually afford to buy groceries if you go to the grocery store in the middle of the day rather than to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment