3.08.2013

67: conferencing and touring



I spent the morning at the EMS conference sessions. Since Ford's Theater is just a few blocks from our hotel and conference center (and they schedule no sessions for a 3-hour span over lunch) we went and explored that and had lunch at the Hard Rock before the afternoon sessions. Israel spent the afternoon and early evening working on the school work he was missing (or so he said. . . ) and then we went out for more exploring when I was done. We made it to some of the main monuments. Some are pretty cool at night; others aren't lit well and are definitely more impressive in the day.

I also won $20 in my bet with Israel at our stop at the Iwo Jima Memorial. He was sure his dad's favorite was the Vietnam Wall. I told him I was sure it was this one.  (I think may have not been aware this was also the Marine Corps memorial when making the bet. . .)

No comments:

Post a Comment