6.11.2012

161: little baller


Zoran started basketball camp today. Since we live in such a tiny town he's not really old enough for basketball camp. It's for 3-12 grades (and he's a first grader) and the majority of the group except for one of his friends and about ten older elementary kids were high school kids. I love how this doesn't seem to bother him.

Right after this pass, the second play of their little elementary-kids' scrimmage, he stole the ball, dribbled through the other defenders to the opposite end of the court and made a layup. This looked especially impressive if you notice his size compared to the other kids on the court.

I'd be a little embarrassed that his basketball skills have probably already surpassed my own if he weren't so much fun to watch. I've always loved sports, but probably never as much as I do now that I have a tiny little person with so much intensity his small little 45 pound body can hardly contain it. I don't know what he'd do without things like this to help him focus his energy.

So I'm all in. All in for many more layups and jump shots and a lot more fast breaks. I'm pretty sure there's a direct correlation between all these things and having fewer holes punched in my walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment