12.02.2011

decoration #1

My plans for Christmas decorating didn't quite come through this evening, but Lex and I did put up the wreath we got from my mom's students' Dogs With Wings program.

Lex still sometimes surprises me when I remember so much is still new to him. After we hung it up he just looked at it for quite awhile, then asked, "Why do we have a tree on our door? And why does our tree have a circle hole in it?"

I'm sure there's some good lessons or explanations about the symbolism of wreaths but I just said that when we have it on our door it reminds us it's Christmas time every time we come home.  That seemed to be good enough for him. He spent a little while longer checking it out from different angles. Tomorrow more decorating.

But this is a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment