1.18.2011

Day 100: Because she wants to be a Girl Scout


Not that I have time for yet another activity or obligation, but Azia really wanted to do Girl Scouts and there is no one else volunteering. (They've been trying to get something started since school started.) So, I guess I'm a Girl Scout leader now. At least for today. We'll see how it goes.
 
We had our first meeting today and just jumped right into crafts and working on their first badge: "Art to Wear." They designed and painted t-shirts, created masks and did some face painting. Seemed like a good place to start with a bunch of little girls who love art projects. It will probably be good for me. I forget how far from "girly" our home is until I'm in these sorts of situations. It's such a very different sort of energy than you get with a house full of boys. This is a great group of girls though. They were all so excited to be at Girl Scouts and to work on every project and they all couldn't wait till next time.

Now I just need to figure out when next time will be. If only I had a few more hours in each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment